Thursday, November 03, 2005

Abandon all hope ye who enter here

I believe my blog might attract the odd one or two people who have nothing better to do than peer into my neck of the multiverse. So be it. All I can do is write and leave the judging to someone else.

Who am I? Right now, I'm a nobody instructor at a nobody university in a large city in California. I have a family, but I don't feel like broadcasting much about that here. Well, maybe once in a while. My main point of creating this space is to memorialize my writing process. Where am I now? Where might this take me?

I am nearly done with a collection of stories called Mortals. I've just started sending them out for publication. We all know what that means: dozens of rejections and hundreds of dollars spent on postage. Sigh. Wish me luck.

I can't promise regular postings. Don't be surprised if months go by without an update. We'll see how often I can get here and write, and I'll see if anyone notices what I'm doing. I certainly don't plan on advertising this. I'm doing this for me. That seems like the best reason of any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home